In the case of activities involving hazardous substances or if hazardous substances arise during the activities, a company is obliged to determine which hazards the substances pose. According to the Chemicals Act (ChemG), hazardous substances are substances or mixtures of substances that have at least one hazard characteristic. These characteristics include, for example, the risk of explosion, toxicity, corrosivity or flammability. The company must record substances with hazardous properties, classify the hazards and refer to safety measures and data sheets. The labeling and handling of hazardous substances is regulated in the Hazardous Substances Ordinance (GefStoffV).
If the handling of the hazardous substance cannot be dispensed with and less hazardous substances or mixtures of substances cannot be used as a substitute, we will support you with the following measures:
- Procurement of safety data sheets from the manufacturer, importer or distributor of the hazardous substances
- Creation of operating instructions in accordance with the Ordinance on Hazardous Substances (GefStoffV)
- Creation of a register of hazardous substances
- Introduction of personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Instruction of the employees